Reflection

I enjoyed maneuvering and learning the portfolio styles on both the CUNY Academic Commons and my portfolios. Both platforms have pros and cons, which made it challenging and entertaining at the same time. For example, it took a long time to understand the different aspect of the CUNY academic commons and I will continue to learn new features as I interact with it in the future. Personally, I did not expect it to be time-consuming, but in reality, it took a good amount of time to learn the basic aspect of the platform. However, once I got past the initial process I love about the flexibility of adding a background image, which made it a very fun and live site. On the other hand, the blackboard was easy to start off with, but it lacks the image adding features. Blackboard was straightforward and quick. Overall, I am really impressed by the aesthetic aspect of CUNY Academic Common portfolio. In addition, it was easier to upload artifacts on blackboard compare to the Academic Commons because the website took a long time to load all the information. Furthermore, the CUNY Academic Common eradicate the sharing issue that blackboard has, which is a positive aspect of this platform because it can eliminate the problem of the student “forgot to share the updated information”. Overall, this was a good experience.